Made in Denmark. Free worldwide shipping.
Status: Few Left
This map shows Italy in 1492, the time of the Renaissance.
- Every map has been handmade, using the newest historical research.
- It comes with a folder detailing the events of 1492.
- We collaborate with local Danish printing services.
- We always use high-quality 190g, acid-free paper.
- It will make your wall look nicer - and makes a great gift.
So what happened in 1492?
1492 was one of those years where the world would never be the same again. In October 1492, Christopher Columbus, born and raised in Genoa, (re)discovered America. This led to a rise of new civilizations and a massive shift in the Old World.
This map is set during the height of the Renaissance, a time of change originating from these Italian States. The list of important renaissance men active in the year 1492 is almost unfathomable: Leonardo da Vinci, Machiavelli, Michelangelo, Lorenzo de' Medici, etc. In 1492, Leonardo da Vinci, the great inventor and artist, worked in Milan. During the year, he completed a clay model of a huge equestrian statue, the "Gran Cavallo". You'll find a lot more information about each persons whereabouts in the folder that comes with the map.
Medium: 29,7 x 42,0 cm (11.7 x 16.5 inches).
Large: 42,0 x 59,4 cm (16.5 x 23.4 inches).
X-Large: 59,4 x 84,1 cm (23.4 x 33.1 inches).